Content : Solvency 2 and climate risk in ORSA Presentation of : the French Energy-Climate law and the Climate... View Article...
HSBC Sustainable Financing and Investing Survey 201927/09/2019
HSBC has recently published its 2019 Sustainable Financing and Investing Survey (the document is here).
Here are a few interesting takeaways for the invesment community :
- 54 per cent of investors say they are motivated to invest sustainably because doing so may lead to improved returns or reduced risk.
- For issuers, external factors are a stronger catalyst, 46 per cent say that regulation is a key driver.
- A fifth of US issuers think they will never be affected by climate change, but none do not believe in it.
- Large shifts in capital allocation are coming, in response to sustainability issues. Two thirds of issuers (and in the Middle East 85%) expect to reallocate capital noticeably in the next five years.
- Disclosure to the market on sustainability performance, has a long way to go. Issuers are ahead and many expect to increase disclosure in future. Many investors still disclose little or nothing on the sustainability of their portfolios.